Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Doors of Ronchamp








SMO©2008

These detail photos were taken from the pivoted doors used at
Chapel of Notre Dame du Haut, Ronchamp, France. The Chapel
has been built in 1955 by the Architect Le Corbusier. Last year
I traveled to Ronchamp to see the building. There was no direct
trains to Ronchamp  from Paris; I took the train, stopped at the
Lure,  another small town  located 12km away from Ronchamp,
from there I took a cab to Ronchamp.  My cab driver was a  middle
aged woman who knew only few words of  English. I only spoke
few words of French. Our short ride, only lasted 15 minutes, was
quite pleasant. I asked few questions in English she responded
with a smile and moving her head up and down. I did not know
which
one meant to be yes, and others no.








































































































No comments:

Post a Comment