Sunday, January 1, 2012

PLACE MATS (detail)










































Last Purchase of the year 2011

I am not sure who's idea was this! slicing and stitching back together pieces of nature,
but sure was a delicate one; I bump into them yesterday, last day of yester year at the most unlikely
place, Marshals Department Store- only two were left, carelessly thrown onto the shelf, mix together with the coffe mugs, napkin holders, plastic utensils of all sorts, they all gathered under unified concept of the kitchen stuff.  They were in dilapidated condition, each leaf separated from the rest I could not even lifted up  without damaging more..
Big red sticker read as $ 2.00 .. I resented to the fact that they were actually asking any money
for something you cannot even bag it without completly destroy it.  I looked around to see, if any one of store personal in the vicinity,  there she was; I showed her the price tag and the condition of the mats, she agreed with me that they were overpriced she proposed price reduction that which  we agreed on. She took the merchandise back to the cashier  and re -tag them for: $ 1.00

Happy new Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment